Summer Programs 2020
Click images to learn more about Summer at TST!
Trinity School of Texas is actively planning for our Sensational Summer Camp to open on Monday, June 15. Due to prevailing conditions, there will be no off campus field trips or travel. Summer Academy previously scheduled for the week of June 8 will also be the week of June 15.
TST is aware of the current state of our country and hope to help our families by providing a positive and safe environment. All CDC and State of Texas guidelines and regulations regarding daily routines and hygiene will be followed to provide a safe camp. We will refine these procedures to accommodate any further guidance from the State or CDC.
Sensational Summer Camp June 15* – July 31 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. *based on Trinity Episcopal Church opening prior to June 15 Closed week of June 29- July 3
Limited Availability 5 classes of 10 students per class to one teacher. (except the 3 year olds) The 3 year old class will have two teachers with 9 students. Class Groups: 3 yr olds, PK, KG-1st, 2nd-3rd, 4th-5th
Summer Academy- special one week enrichment classes. June 15-19 (please contact the business office if you previously signed up for week of June 8 and unable to attend week of June 15.) July 13- 17 *based on Trinity Episcopal Church opening prior to June 15 Closed week of June 29- July 3 Limited Availability
Protocols for Sensational Summer Camp and Summer Academy:
· Campers and Staff must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming onto campus. See Self Screen List below.
· Campers and Staff temperatures will be taken each day before entering the building and parents must review the symptom screening checklist.
· Hand sanitizer will be at the entrance and all campers and staff will be required to use prior to entry.
· Hand sanitizer will also be available in every classroom. Campers and staff will be required to wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.
· Campers and Staff will be instructed on good hand washing techniques.
· Campers will engage in supervised handwashing for at least 20 seconds at least two times a day in addition to after using the restroom and eating.
· All Staff will be required to wear a cloth facial covering.
· Campers 5 years and older will be required to wear a cloth facial covering.
· More frequent cleaning practices will be implemented, including additional cleaning by janitorial staff.
· Required social distancing of 6 feet when possible, based on age.
· Parents, visitors, or non-camp staff will not be allowed in the buildings.
· Each class group will remain in the same classroom with their same group including when eating lunch.
· If a camper becomes ill while at camp, they will be sent to an isolation room until their parent arrives to pick them up. They will not be allowed to return to campus until they are fever free for 48 hours without the use of medication.
· If a positive COVID-19 case is identified for a camper or staff member, all participants will be notified. Those campers and staff in the affected classroom will be required to self isolate for two weeks.
· No toys should be brought from home to avoid infection.
· All campers’ belongings will be kept all together and not shared with other campers.
Daily Symptom Check To provide a safe and healthy campus, TST Summer Camp/Academy parents must evaluate themselves and their children each morning for the following symptoms. If any of these symptoms are present, children should stay at home and families should seek the care of their healthcare professional.
In the event a child is exposed to COVID19, these are the symptoms that may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
• Cough • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Children may also exhibit two of the following symptoms.
• Fever • Chills • Repeated shaking with chills • Muscle pain • Headache • Sore throat • New loss of taste or smell
Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols of TST Summer Camp/Academy:
What is the difference between Sensational Summer Camp and Summer Academy?
TST Sensational Summer Camp is a fun-filled, action-packed summer program for children 3 years old through the completion of 5th grade. Our goal is to enhance your child’s summer by providing educational activities in a safe, fun environment.
TST Summer Academy offers half-day courses with an educational opportunity to engage students in their favorite topics or to spark new interests. Summer Sessions are hosted by TST faculty/staff and select professionals from the East Texas community. Each camp has a specific grade range for participants.
We invite both Trinity students and students from our East Texas community to attend Trinity’s Sensational Summer and Summer Academy. We focus on growing curious, creative and confident individuals all year long!